Looking to spice up your menu? Our Pico de Gallo recipe is simple, fresh and only takes 10-15 minutes to prepare.
The reason we love Pico de Gallo is because of how versatile it is. Sure, it’s great with chips but don’t stop there. Pile it high on a bed of seafood salad or top off a steaming fish taco for an extra punch of flavor. Add mangoes for tangy sweetness or leave in jalapeno seeds for extra spice.
Our recipe serves as a great base so feel free to alter it and make it your own.
Simple & Fresh Pico de Gallo
Makes 2 – 4 cups.
- 2 medium to large seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 medium diced yellow onion
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- 1 small diced jalapeno, (optional: remove seeds for a more mild taste)
- 1 small Serrano chili pepper
- 1 lime, 1/2 squeezed, 1/2 for seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh diced mangoes (optional)
- Mix ingredients in medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh lime juice.
- Serve immediately.
Dice tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and chili pepper. Mince cilantro. Add ingredients to medium bowl and mix.
Add kosher salt.
Squeeze fresh lime juice and mix well. Add more lime juice, salt or peppers as needed.
Products we used:
- Vollrath mixing bowl
- Oneida Serving Bowl Set (Call your sales representative for more information)